It's still all British and Mayor of London Boris Johnson takes it for a spin...
Being an EREV the most qurious bit about it is probably exactly how long it makes it on a single charge. Remembering there's fuel a well, the answer is 560 km total range (electricity and gas combined), and it's expected to save a typical london taxi driver 20-40 pounds per shift (day or night). Yammy!
Some famous Londoneers say the ride is "like nothing I have ever experienced before" and "could be a game changer".
The mayor himself adds, that:
Sure, mayor's praising British stuff, and as we can't confirm how good it is, let's just share some figures instead:
- Max. power – 2 x 50 kW;
- Max. torque – 2 x 1,400 Нм;
- Battery: Li-ion Polymer – 12.2 kWh;
- Onboard charger – 3.3 kW;
- Top speed – 130 km/h (limited;
- Range extender – 1.0 l engine mated to a generator;
- More than 3 times more fuel efficient than a current London taxi;
- Emits 75% less CO2, less than 50 g/km CO2;
- 560 km total range;
- Gross weight – 2,515 kg;
- Turn radius – 7.62 m;
As for the "so goood for everyone", indeed it is – cheaper for the taxi drivers, quieter and nicer for the customers, and cleaner for the environment ;).